If you’re an adult living anywhere in North America then it’s highly likely that you drive and own a car. Driving is something most of us take for granted but sometimes tragedy strikes and you find yourself in an accident. You have insurance in place to help cover your expenses should you be involved in an accident. Insurance can help with the cost of repairs to your car along with any medical bills you may incur because of the accident. Insurance companies aren’t always willing to pay your claim and that is why you need an auto accident attorney.
When you’re involved in an auto accident, be it a small fender bender or a far more serious accident involving property damage or injuries you will need to put in a claim with your insurance company. Insurance companies are notorious for not paying out, stalling or not paying you the compensation that you deserve. They also make the paperwork complicated and difficult to fill out. An attorney can help protect you and make sure that the insurance company pays what is owed to you. Let’s look at what how an auto accident attorney can help you.
- They can make sure that the paperwork is filled out completely and properly to satisfy the insurance company for your claim.
- They can assemble police reports, medical reports and any other accident reports that the insurance company demands.
- Making sure that the damage to your car is repaired or if the car is written off by the insurance company that you are paid for the replacement value of your vehicle.
- Your attorney can determine the amount owed to you to cover your expenses such as medical expenses, time off work, etc.
- If the insurance company decides not to pay the claim for one reason or another then your attorney is there to begin the negotiations. Sometimes insurance companies will offer a settlement, your attorney can advise you on whether you should accept the offer or not.
- If a claim can’t be settled with your insurance company then you may have to take your case to court. You will need an attorney to represent you and make sure that your rights in the suit are protected. They will present the evidence and argue on your behalf. They will seek compensation for the damages that you have suffered as a result of your accident.
Getting into a car accident is traumatic enough on its own without the insurance company delaying payment or giving you a hard time. Get an attorney on your side right away to make sure that you get the compensation that you deserve.